Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Chocolate Rice Crispy Brittle

Yes, I know the name sounds odd...  They were meant to be chocolate rice crispy treats (from Francois Payard's cookbook) but I did something wrong and they set too hard during the cooling phase.  I think it was either that the marshmallows were a little stale or that I over mixed them causing the marshmallows causing them to harden into candy.  Either way, I had to soften the whole thing in the oven and spread it out in a thin layer on a baking sheet.  When it hardened again, I broke it into chunks (like you can with peanut brittle or candy of that nature).

Let me just say, I am really glad they didn't come out right, because they were amazing!!  They were intensely chocolaty (they have cocoa and melted semi-sweet chocolate in them)  and not overly sweet.  I brought some into class and they were very popular, so this isn't just me thinking it was good...there seemed to be a consensus.

P.S. I'll post a photo later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment