Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Christmas Cookies, 2014


As usual Christmas in my house means an extraordinary amount of baking. This year, seeing as I am still breaking in the kitchen, I only made five cookies. And no cakes or chocolates. Since that was the case, I really tried to go nuts with the cookies. I'll talk about each varity in other posts, but here's a summary: gingersnaps, decorated sugar cookies, bourbon balls, mint chip meringues, and Black Forest cookies.


I thought those worked nicely together for gift boxes: one very chewy (the Black Forest cookies), one sort of chewy (the gingersnaps), two crumbly (the bourbon balls and the sugar cookies), and one crunchy and chewy at once (the meringues). Or put another way: one chocolate, one mint and chocolate, one spicy, one boozey, and one "plain"--I think you can figure out which is which yourself. Most importantly, I think they looked lovely in a gift box, what with the colors of the decorated sugar cookies and the meringues and the variegated brown hues of the other cookies. I'd be happy getting that as a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment