Sunday, March 15, 2015

Pomtini



Just before the holidays my mom and I bought a beautiful bar for the living room. Neither of us are drinkers, but we thought it would be fun (and we needed a better place to store our glassware). Since we have a bar, I figured I needed to learn to make proper mixed drinks. I'm starting slow--it's been 4 or so months and we are still on our first bottles of gin and vodka (and we haven't even opened the rum.)

So anyway, these are pomegranate martinis--or pomtinis. They are a vodka martini with all natural pomegranate juice and a bit of powdered sugar, all shaken (not stirred). I rimmed the glass with a mixture of clear and red sanding sugars held on by a touch of lemon juice (run a wedge of lemon around the rim of the glass, then dip in a saucer of sugar). Fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment