Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Vanilla and Chocolate Coconut Macaroons

These are the same coconut macaroons I make a lot.  I love them anytime, so during Passover, when I can't eat the majority of baked goods, they are wonderful!  This time I made them a little differently.  I made a double batch by doubling the quantities of coconut and egg white and increasing the amount of sugar (but not quite doubling it since I use sweetened coconut).  I divided the coconut mixture in half and flavored each half separately.  In the first half, I used vanilla bean paste instead of vanilla extract in the vanilla ones to give them an extra kick.  In the second half, I added cocoa powder and a tad extra super fine sugar until it looked chocolately and delicious (not that you can taste it, since it is so eggy, but you can tell when it's chocolately enough because it looks it.)

Both flavors came out wonderfully and were big hits.  Pops liked the vanilla a bit more, mom liked the chocolate so that worked well!

P.S. I could have sworn I took a photo of these, but I can't find it...sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment