Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Orange Bundt Cake with Chocolate Glaze

I made this quite a while ago and posted it on my old blog, and I feel bad about posting it.  Not that it wasn't excellent, and I certainly want to share it at some point.  The thing is, I've been baking quite a bit because I'm relatively stressed with end of senior year stuff (i.e. finishing my thesis), but I don't really have time to upload new photos and write about what I've made (writing anything that isn't schoolwork is getting difficult!)  Ah well, this is really all I have the time and energy for right now!

I just bought a bundt pan earlier today (when I wrote this ages ago), so I had to use it. Coincidentally, I had recently bought a really excellent new cookbook, Dessert University, which had a bundt cake recipe I wanted to try out. So I made Orange Sabayon Cake, which is really just a orange bundt cake made with with batter prepared, in part, the way a sabayon sauce is prepared. It is a really excellent cake that’s kind of like a light pound cake. The cook book recommends different ways of serving it, but most of them involve heavy cream (which I was out of), so I made a simple glaze with equal parts cocoa and powdered sugar. I just added enough water to make it spreadable and painted it on the bundt with a pastry brush. Simple, and perfect for the cake (perhaps not quite as perfect as ganache and chocolate mousse...though it won’t harden your arteries just by looking at it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment