Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Guinness Gingerbread

The picture really doesn't do this justice.
Oh my god this was good!  I'm not usually a huge fan of gingerbread--the cookie kind or the traditional cake kind--or Guinness for that matter.  I loved this, though!  I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, it was from Nigella Kitchen and I always love Nigella's recipes.  They are tasty and relatively easy.  This was no exception.

It was wonderfully tender and moist and aromatic.  You can't necessarily taste the Guinness, it just adds another layer of flavor.  And the ginger of the gingerbread comes through, but is somewhat understated.  The cake was slightly sticky and really light (almost like a steamed pudding).  Just amazing.  And, of the three St. Patrick's Day desserts I made, the biggest hit at the party!

P.S. When I say this was easy, I mean it.  Everything is mixed in on pan (and when it says medium sauce pan, she means medium-large, I used one that was more medium-small, and that got difficult!) Nigella suggests using a disposable pan, DO IT!  It made clean up a breeze, and I'd imagine it would be difficult to get your good cake pan clean after this stickiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment