Saturday, March 19, 2011

Baileys Brownies

The color doesn't look quite right in this photo (it was richer brown and sparklier green in person), sorry!
As I told you before, I made Baileys Brownies for St. Patrick's Day.  You can read all about them here.  However, that's from the practice batch without the lovely sugar on top.  I'd actually been worried about the sugar weighing down the top and messing with the texture of the brownies.  Well, it did weigh down the to a little, but it actually made the texture better!  It made them uniformly fudgy by stopping that little top flakey, cakey layer that forms on most brownies from forming.  And they added a pleasant crunch, but not too much of one.  Really they were quite wonderful!  (And they looked perfect for the holiday.)

By the way, I cut them into small pieces for the party, but I have to say they were the perfect size for eating in general.  They are quite rich and dense so, as much as I don't like to admit it, they are actually best consumed in small(ish) quantities.

No comments:

Post a Comment