Saturday, March 12, 2011

Practice Baileys Browines

I want to make something Baileys flavored for St. Patrick's Day.  I don't want to make the brown sugar cupcakes with Bailey's icing that I have a recipe for, but I don't have any other recipes with Baileys.  So I decided that I could tweak the Emerald City Brownies from the Fat Witch Brownies cookbook.  I figured since they have green sugar on top they'd look very holiday-ish.  Plus they had a lot of mint extract, which I figured I could replace with Baileys.  That way I wouldn't have to worry about adding too much liquid, and I assumed the chocolate wasn't quite as strong as in other brownies so that the mint (or as I did it, Baileys) would come through.  I was right!  They are perfect Baileys Brownies.  The liquor flavor isn't too strong, but it definitely comes through.  One problem, I'm not a huge Baileys fan...I don't dislike it, I just don't love it either...so these brownies, while good, aren't my favorite.

I am going to make them again for St. Patty's Day with the green sugar on top (I didn't want to waste it on a trial batch as it's a little pricey).  So I'll post a photo when I make that batch.

In addition, after the holiday, I'm going to try these with different flavored liquors...perhaps Kahlua or Frangelico.  And I love mint, so I'll definitely try them in their original form too!

No comments:

Post a Comment