Monday, March 21, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Shortbread


Here are the shortbread cookies I made for St. Patrick's Day.  They were amazing!  I have to say, I've had trouble finding a good shortbread cookie recipe that makes decent quantity.  (So many recipes only make around a dozen cookies, and that is not nearly enough!)  Anyway, I found this recipe in Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook.  I'd already made her chocolate shortbread, so I figured her plain one would be good.  I was right!  It really was incredible shortbread.  It was buttery and sweet, but not to sweet.  And the texture was perfect; slightly crumbly, compact but not dense, and ever so slightly crisp.  I used light green sanding sugar on top to make them holiday-ish, but usually I would just use plain sugar, though of course you can use any color you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment