Saturday, March 2, 2013

White and Dark Chocolate Brownies


I'm sure you recall that I love the Fat Witch Bakery regular brownie (and for that matter most of their other brownies). Well my pops was demanding chocolate brownies so I made a batch of regular Fat Witch Brownies. I wanted to make something new so I decided to make a second batch of brownies and ended up making white chocolate "Snow Witches."

The chocolate brownies were good as usual. Actually I used better quality chocolate (I've started buying Belgian chocolate in bulk so it costs about the same as Ghirardelli from the store) so they were as good as usual but a bit better due to the richer chocolate flavor. The white chocolate brownies were delicious! They look like blondies but were not really like a blondie at all, which was a pleasant surprise. They were sweet with a surprisingly strong white chocolate taste and pungent vanilla flavor. And the texture was superb. They were chewy and soft and not caky but not fudgy--just perfect

Don't they look nice together?

No comments:

Post a Comment