Sunday, April 14, 2013

Birthday Bunny Cake


Every year for as long as I can remember, my mom has made me a bunny cake for my bridal. Some years this was my official cake for my party, but more often than not it was just for us with a separate party cake. This year was no different, although my party isn't for another few weeks so there wasn't much of a choice in the matter. Regardless of how many cakes I have, I love my birthday bunny cake.

This year it was a coconut cake with vanilla buttercream and shredded coconut "fur". How cute? And it was certainly delicious. The cake was moist and light with just the right amount of sweetness and only a hint of coconut. The buttercream was creamy and the coconut, while a bit on the thick side (the shredded coconut pieces are much thicker than sweetened coconut but it looks furrier and unsweetened, which was good with the sweet cake and buttercream), complemented the coconut in the cake nicely. Yum! (Stay tuned for my party cake...it's going to be chocolate!)

No comments:

Post a Comment