Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Strawberry Coffee Cake


Remember the raspberry sour cream coffee cake I made? This is a variation of that. Instead of sour cream, I used fat free Greek yogurt. It made the texture of the cake a little bit tough but it tasted pretty much the same and made the cake lower fat and cal. Next time I think I'll try regular fat free yogurt (instead of Greek yogurt) since it has more moisture and, hopefully, will make the crumb a bit more tender. I also substituted sliced strawberries for the raspberries because I happened to have strawberries in the fridge that needed to be used up but no raspberries at all. I think I liked the raspberries more, but generally I like raspberries more so I'm not convinced it's a reflection on the cake. Overall not the perfect cake, but yummy nonetheless and (as cake goes) nearly healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment