Saturday, September 28, 2013

White Chocolate, Pumpkin, Sage, and Brown Butter Mini Muffins


The pumpkin, sage, brown butter loaf cake recipe was supposed to make 8 mini loaves. Unfortunately my mini loaf pan only makes 6 loaves. What's a girl to do with left over loaf cake batter? Make mini muffins of course!

Since I had 6 mini loaves I figured I'd have a little fun with the mini muffins and add some chocolate. Pumpkin is delicious with dark chocolate but because this batter bordered on savory (with the brown butter and sage) I thought dark chocolate--even semi-sweet--might be a bit too bitter. So I tossed in a generous helping of good quality, white chocolate chips.



Needless to say the combination was delicious. I actually think I like the loaf cakes how they are and wouldn't add any white chocolate chips. That said, the muffins (possibly because of their diminutive size) were perfect with the white chocolate. The reason for this is that the texture of the loaf cakes is too perfect to mess with but the mini muffins are so small that they texture isn't quite as big a feature. In the future, I think I'll have to try a white chocolate glaze (like the one I used on the marble loaf cake a while ago) on the loaves, that way I get the white chocolate flavor and the unaltered texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment