Thursday, October 15, 2009

Orange Pound Cake



I made this for my cousin’s bridal shower.  The theme was purple, so everything (even the food) had to be purple.  Someone else was making a purple cake, so I was in charge of making something else.  I really didn't want to make things purple that weren't normally...large amounts of food coloring isn't appealing. So, I cubed my favorite homemade orange pound cake, the recipe is from one of Ina Garten’s books, and made a mixed berry dipping sauce for it. Even though the sauce was purple-ish I felt it needed more, so I made purple royal icing flowers (they look kind-of pink in the photo, but they were quite purple in person, I promise) to top the cakes. The flowers weren’t the tastiest things, but they looked really pretty, if I do say so my self!

No comments:

Post a Comment