Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thanksgiving Trifle




While I get my blog up and running, I am going to post some old desserts I’ve made.  I made this last Thanksgiving.  It is a delicious variation on a traditional trifle.  It is marble pound cake (I admit, it is store bought pound cake...you can make your own, but there isn’t much point for a trifle) layered with seedless raspberry jam, fresh raspberries and blackberries, chocolate mousse, and fresh vanilla whipped cream. Each layer is repeated, to ensure that everyone gets a scoop with all the layers.

By the way, I really have no reason to call this a Thanksgiving Trifle other than that I made it at Thanksgiving.  Really it isn't Thanksgiving-y at all.  In fact, it would make a great summer dessert...you could substitute angel food cake for the pound cake to make it really light and summery.

No comments:

Post a Comment