Saturday, August 14, 2010

I'm back!

Ok, so I was gone for six weeks because I was studying at Oxford.  I'm back now.  I had planned on posting while I was gone.  Not that I was making new things--but I admit I'm quite behind on posting desserts I made before I started this blog (and even some I've made since) and I was going to blog about those.  I didn't.  And I asked myself, why?  I had enough free time.  I enjoy reminiscing about past dishes.

Then it hit me like a ton of bricks: I just don't like blogging.

Yes, I know that is a strange thing to write in a blog.  Perhaps I should just give up and stop blogging altogether since I feel that way.  But I don't want to give up.  I like the idea of blogs, you see.  I like the idea that I can keep track of what I've baked, how it comes out, where the recipe was (or what it was if I made it up), etc.  And this seems like a good way of going about that.  I also like the idea that friends and family (and, while I'm sure this is wishful thinking, strangers) can read about what I've made.  The problem is, I don't like blogging itself.  I'm not sure I enjoy writing about something I've just done--I did it, I don't need to spend 30 minutes writing about it.  I find the process of uploading pictures tedious (it isn't blogger's fault, it is a combo of my internet connection being a bit sluggish, my camera taking very high quality photos, and my insane perfectionism that compels me to take 20 photos and then sort through carefully to pick the best pic.)

I think that the reasons I started a blog (which are the reasons I like the idea of blogging) are strong enough to overpower my dislike of blogging in practice.  We shall see if this is true.  So I will keep plugging away at this blog and hopefully blogging will grow on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment