Monday, August 16, 2010

Strawberries and Cream Puffs

   

I found these lovely wild strawberries at a local farmer’s market and I wanted to come up with a recipe to use them. My first thought was strawberries and cream, but I wanted to do something more complex than whipping some cream with vanilla extract. Then it hit me, cream puffs! I made a batch of choux puffs (choux paste is the pastry that is used to make cream puffs, eclairs, etc). Cut them in half and filled them with vanilla whipped cream. In the center of of the plate is a mound of whipped cream topped with the slightly tart strawberries. The combination of the lightness of choux puffs, the sweetness of the whipped cream and the tartness of the strawberries was just wonderful, if I do say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment