Friday, August 20, 2010

Oatmeal Coconut Cookies

 
The non-chocolate batch
These cookies are from on of the Magnolia Bakery cookbooks.  They are very easy to make and very good.  I'm not a huge oatmeal raisin cookie fan, but I really do like oatmeal cookies.  These are great because they have the texture of an oatmeal raisin cookie and a similar taste, but without the raisins.  The coconut replaces the sweetness of the raisins and enhances the already nice, chewy texture of the cookies.  Now I have to say, I did improve on the recipe a little.  After the first few batches (I made the cookies much smaller than they were meant to be, but actually used a bigger scoop than the recipe called for...weird...anyway this is the long way of saying there were a lot of batches), I decided that they were really good, but could be made better with the addition of some chocolate!  (What doesn't chocolate make better?!) So I mixed in mini chocolate chips with the remaining batter and made the last two batches of oatmeal coconut chocolate cookies.  They were very good too!

No comments:

Post a Comment