Sunday, February 6, 2011

Nigella's Chocolate Chip Cookies

My English presentation went well, in case you were wondering.  However between that and my other work, I haven't had time to write up a recipe for my bread pudding.  I merely have a list of ingredients, which probably won't do you much good!

But I do have other things to post.  I have been in a cookie mood lately, as those who know me will attest to.  I've tried two new chocolate chip cookie recipes and one new chocolate chocolate cookie recipe--all with excellent results!

One of my favorites was Nigella Lawson's chocolate chip cookies, from her new cookbook, Nigella Kitchen.  I own all of Nigella's cookbooks (well technically my mom owns them, but you know) and this is the first one to have a chocolate chip cookie recipe.  So I had to try it!

The recipe was really interesting.  It was easy, but different from most chocolate chip cookies I've made.  For example, it used melted instead of creamed butter.  And it used a ton of chocolate chips!  Not that I don't use a slightly obscene amount of chocolate chips in my cookies, but most recipes don't call for as much to start.

They were not my favorite taste wise.  Not to say they weren't good, they were excellent!  I just found them a little bit sweet and not quite molassesy enough.  Trust me, it didn't stop me from eating them!  What really made them so good was the texture and size (which are, to some extent, linked).  They were sooooo gooey and chewy in the middle, which is how I like my cookies.  But the reason they could be quite so gooey was that they were HUGE!  She uses 1/4 cup of dough to make one cookie!  That's at least twice the dough I normally use.  I have to say they were a bit gluttonous, but who cares, they were great!

P.S. I'll post a photo soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment