Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sunday Night Cake

   

The Sunday Night Cake is so named because the guys who opened the bakery called Baked (in Brooklyn) felt it was simple enough to make on a Sunday night.  They are quite right.

It is excellent and very simple, which is nice when you have a sweet craving but you are really tired (from, say, working on your thesis!)  The cake is dense but still fluffy.  It's sweet and cinnamon-y and delicious.  They suggest a pudding-like chocolate icing with it, which I did not make this time.  I made it once before with the icing, which was amazing.  I could have sworn I posted it but, I can't find it, so I have to assume I thought about posting it but didn't...oops!  I will post it soon.  I want to show it to you.  It looked amazing!

By the way, the recipe calls for sour cream, which I didn't have in the house.  So I substituted in fat-free Greek yogurt.  It worked quite well.  I think the cake was ever so slightly tougher than when I made it with sour cream.  I didn't mind, though...it was still excellent!

P.S. This is from the second Baked cookbook, I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment