Wednesday, August 17, 2011

FCI Orientation

I was oriented today! Seriously, I had my FCI orientation. I got my uniform: a chef jacket, pants, cap, neckerchief, apron, and side towel. I also got the textbook for level one. It's a giant binder filled with literally hundreds of recipes--and that's just for the first of three levels!They took my ID photo and shockingly I looked good in the photo, so we'll see what happens when they print it...but I may actually end up with my first decent looking ID photo ever! We met some of the important people in the school like the head chefs in the pastry program and people from student affairs.

I also got my first homework assignment: to read about professional kitchens and look over the recipes for the components of a tarte aux pommes (apple tart). That's homework! Makes a welcome change from having to read entire books and writing 2 page response papers in a weekend for just one of four or five classes.

Classes start on Friday. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment