Saturday, August 13, 2011

Restaurant Week at the Fives

I took my mom to restaurant week lunch at the Fives at the Peninsula for her birthday. It was really good. The appetizer and main were impressive. The main course, a steak BLT, was huge! It was't the usual small restaurant portion. It was a large piece of steak on a large piece of bread with a few thick pieces of bacon plus tomato and lettuce, of course. The desserts were good, but not quite as impressive.


I had the warm chocolate cake. It had a hint of ginger and was quite chocolaty, which was nice. But it was a little dry. I don't mean to say it wasn't good or enjoyable; it was good and I did enjoy it. It just wasn't anything all that special. What was special was the sauce on the strawberries that were sort of a garnish. It was something with vanilla bean and it was really good!


My mom had the raspberry mousse cake, which was sort of a frozen mousse. It was really nice, as was the raspberry sorbet on the side (which was actually more than nice). The cornmeal cookie like thing underneath was a little on the chewy side, which wasn't great.

Overall, a thoroughly enjoyable meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment