Monday, August 8, 2011

Chocolate Pudding Cake


My mom loves chocolate cake and pudding, so I thought this would be the perfect birthday cake for her. It's from Francois Payard's Chocolate Epiphany and it is absolutely amazing!! I think I may have overcooked it slightly, because the center wasn't really very puddingy. Ah well, it was really, really good anyway. It had a rich chocolate taste and a dense, moist crumb.

The glaze on top was almost puddingy in its own right. I really liked the glaze, but I think I may leave it off next time. Only because it takes a lot longer to make the cake when you do the glaze. Also, I feel somehow like I'm being good (calorie intake-wise) if I'm leaving something off! I suppose it is being better, but, let's face it, it is in no way being good.

I'd write more but I have to celebrate my mom's birthday now!

I served it with nice fresh raspberries. It was a very nice combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment