Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Cake Inspiration

About a month ago I was wandering around Fortnum and Mason in London. They have a display case filled with sample wedding cakes. I snapped some pretty bad photos of them but hopefully they will serve as good inspiration at some point. Here they are:

I love the the flowers go from bottom to top rather
than top to bottom as is typical
The brush embroidery on this is beautiful and
I like the colors (although I'm not sure about
the top being so plain.)
Pretty and elegant and I love the matching
cookies. Plus the silhouettes are a nice
substitute for a traditional cake topper.
There is a lot going on with this cake,
but the elements are all done perfectly
and I really do like all of them
(I especially like the way the stripes start
halfway up one layer and go halfway up the next)
albeit I'd prefer them on multiple different cakes.
I think this is the most elegant ruffle cake
I've seen. I love the flower topper.

No comments:

Post a Comment