Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day Pancakes


I didn't want to go out to a restaurant on Valentine's Day. My pops was out of town so my mom felt the same way. So we decided to do Valentine's Day dinner at home (after a lovely Valentine's Day lunch at my new favorite burger place). For fun we had breakfast dinner! I made sautéed pink lady apples (very much like my stove top baked apples but without the vanilla and a bit less sugar) and homemade chocolate pancakes. Pancakes are actually surprisingly easy to make from scratch and they really a better than when they're made from a mix. I decided to make them heart shaped. It wasn't terribly easy since I don't have a mold (I used to have a heart shaped pancake shaper/mold thing, but it disappeared a year or two ago.) Basically I just used a spoon to carefully drop/drizzle the batter in a heart shape. It was tedious and time consuming, but it wasn't too tough and it was worth it because they looked incredible! The cocoa-y pancakes and the sweet yet tart apples were delicious together with just a drizzle of pure maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment