Sunday, February 3, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookies, revisited


These are my chocolate chip cookies made with my secret recipe. They really haven't changed much since I last made them except that I was out of my usual baking powder and the stuff I got when I ran to the local store to get it was cut with flour instead of a proper starch. That and the ridiculously dark, dark brown sugar I have--it's organic and free trade, so I guess it's just more flavorful like so many organic products--changed the flavor and texture ever so slightly. And they were good! They were crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside and richly earthy from the higher molasses content in the sugar. (You can see how dark they are from the dark brown sugar in the photo.) Also I used really good quality chocolate chips (Belgian chocolate instead of my usual domestic brands) that happen to be significantly larger than normal chocolate chips (you can see that in the photo also), so they were chocolaty-er too! I do think I'll switch back to my usual baking powder and brown sugar, but I'm sticking with these (or similar) chocolate chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment