Saturday, May 25, 2013

Coffee Sorbet with Walnut Sauce in a Chocolate Tuile Bowl


I made this years ago, well before I started a blog. I found the photo on my laptop today and thought I had to share it.

It was incredible! The coffee sorbet--which I had made in my new ice cream machine--was smooth (but a little icy, in a good way) and richly coffee-y. The sauce, which was from Dessert University, I think, was really good. It's surprising to have a sauce flavored with nuts, but it worked nicely. It was sweet and nutty and thick without being heavy. The tuile bowl was good, although, if I remember correctly, I made it a bit too thick. Also it wasn't quite chocolaty enough--but then again tuiles are never terribly flavorful. These flavors worked together so nicely, the walnut sauce and the coffee sorbet were delicious together; add in the mild chocolate flavor and wow that's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment