Sunday, July 14, 2013

Healthy Breakfast


For something a little different, I thought I'd make something that wasn't sweet. Actually I cook a reasonable amount, I just don't usually think it's blog worthy. This, however, is definitely worthy of my blog.

My mom and I are trying to eat healthier. This means that breakfast has mainly been fat free yogurt with berries and granola or oatmeal made with water (I make a mean oatmeal, but it does get old). Occasionally an egg white omelette breaks the monotony. I decided to mix things up. And about an hour later (my time management isn't great when I'm cooking...) we had oven baked home fries, sautéed mushrooms, and scallion scrambled eggs.



It was not only a welcome departure from the routine. It was delicious! The home fries (which I chopped, parboiled, dusted with flour, salted, and baked) were perfectly crispy on the outside and still tender on the inside. The eggs were not runny nor were they rubbery and the scallions were mild and added a pretty color to the meal. The baby portabella mushrooms don't look quite as pretty, but they were delicious and cooked nearly perfectly. The only problem with this breakfast is now my mom will be demanding different breakfasts more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment