Wednesday, November 27, 2013

I've Redecorated

I've changed the desktop and I hope you like it (and get the rather obscure reference to Doctor Who).

While doing my readings for my political communications class this week, I found out that Blogger was the first blog site. Today in class my professor mentioned that fact and said that he was sure all us young, tech-savvy students would no doubt be using wordpress or the like. Nope, I still use blogger. And I don't plan on changing. It's simple, it's easy to use, and a blog is a blog is a blog, so why would I go through the hassle of switching platforms... (Anyway I'm definitely above the average age of the students in that classroom and, while I pretend to be, I'm not all that tech-savvy.)

Of course I've been feeling like I should spruce up the blog for a while now. And this was exactly the impetus I needed to do some renovations. Well, not renovations, exactly. But I think the place looks a little brighter and tidier, and I did add a whole new page about me since it seems like something one should do on a blog.

That's it for now. I've got to get back to my methodology paper.

Well, actually, one last thing: this weekend was the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who (hence the reference above). I'd hoped to get my celebratory cake online before the show, but between school work and making a TARDIS cake, I still haven't had time to write a post that will do this cake justice. But here's a preview:

That's my homemade TARDIS cake and
homemade jammie dodgers in the foreground.
In the background is a still from the broadcast
 of  Doctor Who "The Day of the Doctor"
on BBC (don't you love TiVo?!)

I promise I'll tell you all about it (and post an absurd amount of photos) soon. In the meantime, I really must go work on that essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment