Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Lemon Chiffon Cake


This cake was incredible! The cake itself was a lemon chiffon cake--chiffon cakes are so named because they so smooth. It was filled with lemon curd, which is one of my favorite things ever, and covered with buttercream (that I did a really good job making, if I do say so myself!) The fun part of making this cake is that we got to practicing decorating techniques. We learnt how to do basket weave, swiss dots, and a specific type of lace pattern (I'm forgetting the technical name), so I divided my cake into three sections and  tried to do each pattern. I like the swiss dots, but they are a bit boring. I love the basket weave. It's easier to do than I thought, but still quite difficult (mainly because I do not have a steady hand). The lace wasn't my favorite, but I think if I'd used a smaller icing tip and piped finer squiggles it would have looked nicer.

Basket Weave
Swiss Dots
Lace

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorites for taste and the basket weave was so very pretty. Although, I liked all three techniques. And, you make the best lemon curd in the world.

    ReplyDelete