Monday, November 19, 2012

Simple Pita Chips

In my endeavor to make non-desserts for guests, I decided to make pita chips to complement the hummus (with toasted pine nuts, yum) that my mom made. They are really very simple. Just cut a pita into wedges--the pita I was working with was on the larger side so I did eighths, but sixths or even quarters may work better if the pita is small to start. You can split the pita wedges in half or leave them like pockets, it's up to you. I left the pockets this time but splitting them would be good too. Then spread them on a parchment paper lined, lightly oiled baking sheet. Then lightly drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake until lightly browned and crispy, flipping them half way through and drizzling with a bit more olive oil. Serve warm or room temp. It's that easy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment