Saturday, October 16, 2010

Chocolate Cake with Whipped Ganache Icing

      

I made this using the left over layer of chocolate cake from the Birthday Cake.  It was very good!  Basically, I used the left over whipped dark chocolate ganache (of which there was a lot) to ice the cake.  I didn't even try to make it smooth looking, instead I decided to give it a nice textured look.  It's really easy to get this look, all you have to do is spread on a think layer of a smooth, creamy icing (not stiff buttercream, like I used for the other cake).  Then, using an offset spatula, swirl the icing.  Don't worry about it being neat, it is supposed to look messy, that's the beauty of it!


You could stop at this point, the cake looks beautiful and delicious plain.  However, I wanted to practice my decorating technique before I started on the big cake, so I did it on this one.  I think it came out looking really beautiful.  If you want to know how I made the icing just click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment