Monday, October 18, 2010

Whole Wheat and Plum Cake

I found the recipe for this in the New York Times more than a month ago and I've wanted to try it since then.  However, I was out of whole wheat flour and I only just remembered to buy it, so I only just got to make it.  It is really good!  The cake is soft and fluffy and the whole wheat flour adds a nice nutty-ness.

I took their suggestion and used two different varieties of plums (black and red plums, to be precise), which was very nice. You actually top the cake batter with the plums rather than mixing them in so it is similar to a frangipane (because the fruit is baked into the cake, but only on the top layer--not because it tastes at all like one).

It's really quite good and actually healthy (as cakes go, anyway!)  It looks nice too, but you'll have to take my word on that for now, because it is late and I don't feel like uploading photos.  I'll post them tomorrow, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment