Sunday, October 17, 2010

Chocolate Orange Brownies

These are another adaptation of the Roland Mesnier brownies.  I used his basic recipe (without nuts or chocolate chips or the glaze on top) and added some orange zest to the butter and sugar when I creamed them together.  Then I added one half teaspoon of orange extract to the batter along with about a third of the vanilla that the recipe called for.  I guess that at this point they really aren't the Roland Mesnier brownies (having left out some ingredients and added others) but I still made them with his book open, so you can see why I still call them a variation on his recipe.

Anyway, they came out wonderfully, still chocolaty with a wonderful orangey flavor.  I'm a huge fan of chocolate orange anything, and a huge fan of brownies (as you may have noticed) so these are a hit with me!

P.S. I didn't bother with a photo, since they look exactly the same as the regular Roland Mesnier brownies, or for that matter as the Mexican Hot Chocolate Brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment