Saturday, October 6, 2012

Cherry Cordials

At least they look pretty!
Ages ago, when I was still in culinary school (okay, so maybe not ages ago, but it's been a while) we made a bunch of chocolates in one lesson and I forgot to post them. Oops! Anyway, here is the first of the four candies:

Cherry cordials. Hmm. First let me say these are not easy to make. They require the same patience and skill as any of the chocolate ganache filled bonbons since they have the same outer shell. However the filling is sticky and runny and very difficult to work with. You also have to wait a week or two before you eat them to let the liquid center fully disolve the cloudy fondant. Now is when I would usually say that they are worth the trouble and the wait; well they aren't. I don't like cherry cordials. These are some of the best I've had, but I've only had a few and I haven't really liked any of them. I'm not a huge fan of cherry liqueur, candied cherries (I do love the fresh ones), or very sugary sweets--you can see why I wouldn't like these. Ah well, at least it was one thing I didn't eat, I gained enough weight over the course of the 9 month program without these!

No comments:

Post a Comment