Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Two Chocolate Caramel Candies

During that class I forgot to post about we made two different caramels. The first was a light, chewy-but-soft caramel with slivered almonds mixed in. They remind me a bit of nougatine (though not nearly so brittle). Since it was a chocolate lesson, we dipped the nutty caramel cubes in tempered chocolate, just to coat the bottoms. They were delicious, but a little too sweet for my taste. I prefer a darker and slightly chewer caramel.

Happily, that's exactly what the second caramel was. It was a layer of rich, dark, chewy, sticky, caramely goodness sandwiched between thin layers of bittersweet chocolate. It's a good thing they make us leave some of our candies for events/the restaurant. If I'd kept it all I would have eaten pounds of it! (As it was, I ate quite a bit.)

No comments:

Post a Comment