Sunday, September 4, 2011

Chocolate Heaven Cookies


Oops sorry, I forgot to post these! I made these last Wednesday, the same time I made the pots de creme and vanilla kipferl and the fruit tartlets. The name of these cookies says all you need to know; if you like chocolate these are heaven! They are made with melted semi-sweet and unsweetened chocolate in the batter (plus coffee extract, which brings out the chocolate flavor) and chocolate chips mixed in. They also have pecans in them, though you can use another nut or, I suspect, you can leave them out altogether.

If you've ever had a good flourless chocolate cookie, you know what I mean--the ones that are relatively thin and slightly crisp on the outside but are almost brownie like on the inside--that's what these are like. Of course these do have flour so they aren't quite as flat or chewy, not that I'm complaining, mind you.

These were a hit and I have a little extra dough left over from class so I think I'll make mini ones with it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment