Friday, September 30, 2011

Pate a Choux Exam


Well I just had my second exam. I didn't make any stupid mistakes like I did last time, and I finished on time, so good on both those counts. However, the presentation of all my items was slightly off. The eclairs were slightly wonky shaped (though the chef did say overall they were good) and the coffee glaze was too hot when I used it and the chocolate was too cool. At least he said they were well filled and the cream filling was perfectly lightened. The Paris-Brest wasn't filled high enough and the filling came out the inside too much. He did say the filling's taste and texture was right on. And my choux was well made and well cooked, also good.

Overall, not a stunning success, but nothing too bad either. I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment