Friday, September 9, 2011

Spritz Cookies with Pistachios and Chocolate, con't

As I mentioned yesterday, these are incredible cookies! They are the smoothest, buttery-est spritz cookies I've ever had. They are made with almond paste, which is certainly an improvement over the almond extract of the spritz cookies I've made before. They have a distinct almond flavor, but aren't overly strong.

These were not terribly easy to shape. I usually use a cookie press to make spritz cookies, but with these we had to pipe them with a pastry bag. The dough was pretty stiff and I found it very hard to make the rosette come out right. That said, they still looked really nice and the fact that they were slightly oblong certainly didn't impact the taste!

We had a choice of toppings: pistachios, milk chocolate chips, or raspberry jam. I know that jam is the most traditional topping, but it's my least favorite, so I made mine with chocolate and pistachios. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment