Thursday, September 15, 2011

Tarte aux Noix Caramel


According to the chef my caramel nut mixture didn't come out quite right, and I see that it was lighter and more opaque than most people's. But I don't care; it was incredible! Seriously, I'm not even a huge caramel fan (I like it, I just don't go crazy for it) and I thought it was amazing. Also the nutty almost cake on top of the caramel was really great. So to sum up: YUM!

I'm sorry I'm not being more articulate tonight; but it's late and I just had a large slice of this tart, so I'm a little wired but should really be asleep.

Apparently the half glazed, half sugared look is the traditional way to decorate this tart.
Unfortunately it was still a little too warm, so the glaze soaked in slightly and the sugar
melted a bit. That didn't affect the taste though!

No comments:

Post a Comment