Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Chocolate Candy Stand


We had two days to make a showpiece out of chocolate to hold the candies we made the class before. It's not easy to do. Aside from the fact that tempering is tedious, the chocolate has to be cut at exactly the right time, kept under a board to harden (so it doesn't curl), and glued together with more tempered chocolate at exactly the right temperature. Plus it melts if you handle it too much, which makes it difficult to assemble. I'm a bit annoyed about how sloppy my butterflies came out, but then again, I'm not great at piping, so I suppose I should be happy with how well they came out. I really like how the flowers looked and the shape of the stand worked so nicely. I think the best part is that the bowl worked so well; it held plenty of candy, didn't tip or wobble, and was sturdy enough not to crack when the candy was piled in.

A close up of the bowl, butterflies and flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment