Saturday, February 25, 2012

Cold Green Apple Charlotte with Red Currant Sorbet

I think that this is my least favorite plated dessert. I'm not a big fan of cold charlottes to start and this did nothing to persuade me to change my mind. The bavarian cream was a bit lumpy--that's not quite the right word, maybe grainy works better--due to the slightly odd texture of the green apple puree we used as a base. The red currant sorbet was a bit unimpressive. That's not to say it wasn't good, it was, but it just wasn't as good as other things we've made in this unit. The red currant coulis was nice but the clear vanilla sauce was a bit grainy--to match the bavarian, I guess. The lady fingers on the outside of the charlotte were nice, but we've made them before, so they aren't anything new or all that impressive. The best part was the apple chip, which I could eat a ton of and be incredibly happy. They fool you into thinking you are eating something healthy (they are apple after all), but they are really crisp sugary slices of goodness that only vaguely resemble the apple them came from. Oh gosh they are nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment