Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pineapple and Hazelnut Tart


We served this pineapple and hazelnut tart (baked on a puff pastry crust) with hazelnut ice cream, hazelnut creme anglaise, caramelized hazelnuts, and a pineapple chip. I've never been a huge pineapple fan. It's not that I disliked it, I just never really enjoyed it. It turns out that that's because I've always eaten plain old pineapple. I actually like it baked on a tart or made into a chip. I think I just prefer it when the acid is a little bit neutralized. I love hazelnuts--did you know that they are actually a seed not a nut?--and puff pastry, so even if I hadn't come to a realization that I like pineapple, I think I still would have liked the dessert. I do have one complaint though, I felt like the pineapple and buttery puff pastry completely overwhelmed the hazelnut cream on the tart. Still, as I've mentioned, this was a very nice dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment