Thursday, February 9, 2012

Chocolate "Brick" a.k.a. Chocolate I Exam


This was a surprise for our chocolate exam. We had to make a closed box, or as I call it a hollow brick, of chocolate. Each side had to have two types of tempered chocolate and it couldn't just be piped on after. We also had to include our initials. Since my initials are MW, I had a lot of fun with them and used a "w" for both--upside-down for the "m," clearly-- so that it had rotational symmetry. I'm not thrilled by mine. The chocolate hardened so fast that it curled too much to quickly for me to put a board on top. That made it really hard to glue everything together and I ended up smudging my dark chocolate "glue" all over the white chocolate stripes. Still it came out pretty well, I think.

Part of the test was to see whether they could stack, like bricks.
The chef called it the wall of fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment