Saturday, November 19, 2011

Chocolate Hazelnut Cake


According to everyone in my family who tasted this, it was incredible. I, however, wasn't enthralled. I liked it don't get me wrong (what's not to like about chocolate hazelnut cake?) I just didn't love it. Perhaps it was a reflection on making it. I had a lot of trouble--the cake layers were slightly under baked and the mousse (which we used as filling and frosting) wasn't quite thick enough--and maybe that just turned me off the cake. The outside was fun to decorate, at least. We made the decorative chocolate sheets with different chocolates (milk and dark) and stuck them to the mousse to decorate the cake. I would have used larger pieces that stuck up more, but we were running out of chocolate, so I couldn't; I still think it looks good though.

1 comment:

  1. The pastry chef is being far to critical of her creation. It was very delicious and very pretty.

    ReplyDelete