Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Brioche Rolls

How beautiful and shiny!
I love brioche, so there wasn't much of a chance of me not liking filled brioche rolls. Still, I was surprised at how much I liked them. We made both savory and sweet rolls. The sweet ones, called craquelin, are rolls filled with sugar cubes that have been soaked in orange zest and liqueur. When they are baked, the sugar dissolves and infuses the middle of the bun with sticky, orangey goodness.

The savory rolls are filled with walnut pieces and roquefort. Yum! I have to admit, I actually liked these much more than I liked the sweet ones. There's something about the buttery brioche with the sharp blue cheese and the crunchy nuttiness of the walnuts.

The inside of a savory roll. See the walnut peaking out!?

No comments:

Post a Comment